John O'Shea (pictured) trains Matthew Howard's horse to follow - Coorg.
Below is Matthew Howards weekly just racing mounting yard live report which you can also read live Matthews thoughts on his Facebook page each Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/MountingYardLive
Rosehill Gardens: Australian Turf Club Saturday 10, December 2016
Race 1 - 12:40PM SCHWEPPES HANDICAP (1100 METRES)
1. ALL TO HUIYING strong colt but needs the run. Not ready today.
2. ALLIED POWER Scratched
3. ANGELS BOY Scratched
4. CHAUFFEUR - paid a bit of money for this colt and I can see why. Well put together and looks ready to race. Should run well
5. COORG WOW! Cracking 2 year old. One of the best Ive seen this season. Strength in frame, great mover, beautiful head. Cracker
6. FALCONIC Great mover but is getting warm in the yard.
7. LUTREOLA scratched
8. TERWILLIKER Needs to grow into frame a little, doesnt have the strength of the others. Not for me.
Race 2 - 1:20PM #THERACES PLATE (1400 METRES)
1. ZUMBELINA moving very well in the yard today, no issues. Expect to win
2. CADOGAN great in the coat, normally gets a little warm late but much better today
3. ACHI BABA lot of his Dad in this horse. Hes furnishing into a really really nice horse, powerful hind. Only danger to favourite.
4. ARBEITSAM great muscle definition but doing things wrong and as a result is getting warm and patchy, no.
5. LUBITON - Scratched
6. HOW SWEET IT IS Others parading better today
Race 3 - 1:55PM TAB HIGHWAY HANDICAP (1400 METRES)
1. FALCO good order but has strapping on one leg a no no for me
2. BILLS A GOODIE Coat has improvement to come and doing things wrong
3. I TOLD GEORGIE very good order and moving well. Should race well
4. THE NICKSTER Lay the favourite. Coat is plain and displays quite a few negatives
5. MR BONJOVE strong horse but not totally focused today. Mind is elsewhere.
6. FOREVER NEWYORK strongest of this bunch but tricky map to deal with rail in this position
7. AL CUBANA condition wise looks good but not totally focused.
8. ARTISTIC BEAUTY On top, no knocks, looks very fit. Should be competitive
9. MAR NERO scratched
10. DIAMOND CHARLIE Doing quite a few things wrong today. No
11. BACKLESS (NZ) Shes actually a strong well put together horse but form from that race has serious ??
Race 4 - 2:30PM ELECTRO MECHANICAL SERVICES HANDICAP (1400 METRES)
1. ALART Seen the horse parade much better than today. No
2. GIRL SUNDAY geez shes a strong mare, one of the strongest running in Sydney at the moment. Can win again today.
3. LYCIA Light thing, needs sting out of the ground
4. DISTRAUGHT Next run will be fit. One run short
5. DIXIE CHICK best its paraded this preparation, veins popping today.
6. HEARTLINGS half a run short, if she runs well will go into the book for next start
7. ROEINDA big drift here, nothing to do with how it parades. Best roughie in the field
8. SEEKING ASYLUM Scratched
9. DABNY (NZ) Scratched
10. PEPPERBERRY in good order again today, similar to last start
11. ASHJATA coat not fully through yet. No
12. CRY FOR PEACE Scratched
13. SHUTTER BUG Parades better than price suggests. Think shes outclassed here but for her she is in good order.
Race 5 - 3:05PM TAB REWARDS SPRINT (1100 METRES
1. DAL CIELO (NZ) scratched
2. ESTAMINET not behaving the best and has improvement to come in the coat.
3. VOILIER strong gelding, this run will bring him on
4. KUDERO at $51 he is parading much better than Ive seen in a long time. Include in multiples
5. OUR RENAISSANCE loose walker in the yard, no knocks condition wise
6. LAST WITNESS strong, tall star witness gelding with improvement to come.
7. TOP STRIKER always parades well and today is no different.
8. AWASITA one run short. Can follow next start of runs well
9. HIGHLY GEARED Scratched
10. ZESTFUL Scratched
11. LADY JIVAGO Ive seen this horse parade better than today, quite dull
12. FIFTYSHADESOFGREY scratched
13. MAGNAJOY parades with quite a few issues today. no
14. SUGAR BAY LEONARD (EMERG) Wow, best this horse has ever paraded and simply looks better than these.
Race 6 - 3:45PM ATC MEMBERS CHRISTMAS HANDICAP (2000 METRES)
1. THE RUMOUR FILE biggest improver in the yard, looks much better today than prior start.
2. MULTIFACETS doesnt carry a lot of excess condition, interested to see if it can carry weight
3. MONTAUK definite improver in the mounting yard today
4. TRAFALGAR still parading just fairly
5. DREAM FOLK others parading better today
6. SHALMANESER Showing many negatives
7. DER MEISTER Parades better than his price suggests, he is fit and relaxed
8. HUNTER JACK better this week than last start but still doing things wrong
9. GO BENNY looks outclassed here
10. MARMAN scratched
11. ANOTHER LARGA scratched
12. LONELY ORPHAN Getting quite fired up, no
13. PROMAS - scratched
14. MY PSYCHIATRIST parades very well today, step up in distance suits. Top chance
15. VAIN ELAINE (EMERG) very light, not for me
Race 7 - 4:20PM TAB HANDICAP (1400 METRES)
1. LUNAR RISE coat is dull again today, no
2. ONEMOREZETA horse looks healthy but has an awful barrier to deal with
3. HIGH MIDNIGHT Nice horse this. Hes big and strong and walks with purpose. I like this horse. Top selection
4. BELIEVE YOURSELF looks like a pony
5. SNOOPY scratched
6. ALL CERISE very hot in the yard
7. HIMALAYA DREAM (FR)
8. PAINTE holding condition well, should be competitive
9. SEBRINA Scratched
10. UNEQUIVOCAL Scratched
11. REINCARNATE really stretching out well today and looks great condition wise. Not displaying any negatives
12. WINE TALES When she is fit she always parades similar. Doesnt get worked up. She presents fine again today
13. EMINENT DUKE Strong gelding who presents well again today
14. ALART (EMERG) - scratched
Race 8 - 5:00PM PLUCK@VINERY HANDICAP (1500 METRES)
1. GOLD AMBITION (NZ) Parading ok, couple small negatives
2. CLASSIC UNIFORM getting tad warm late in the yard
3. FINAL DECISION improved 2.5 lengths between runs but still not there
4. RENEGED not walking as well as I would like
5. EMBLEY fantastic order and moving very well
6. QUICK DEFENCE (USA) Scratched
7. UNBIASED Looks great. Possibly the best coat all day
8. WINE N DINE Gone backwards in the yard this week. No good
9. ZATOPAZ (NZ) not today, parades poorly
10. CHESTNUT ROAD Scratched
11. HOGMANAY Fit, well and relaxed but not one I get very excited about
12. FRANCESCO Scratched
13. KANDINSKY dappled coat on today, parades much better today that prior start.
14. MOST EXALTED lovely horse this. Showed many negatives in the yard last start and better today. Good horse this
15. KING DARCI (NZ) Think the distance suits and does get a cozy run. Looks perhaps better suited to a tight turning track and a bit of give in the ground wouldnt hurt
Race 9 - 5:40PM TAB.COM.AU SPRINT (1200 METRES)
1. OPEN BOOK not walking as well as I would like to see
2. RAIJINZ Bit light for mine, perhaps tighter tracks are more its thing
3. ROCK MYLADY (NZ) Returned in good order this prep. Can follow over futher.
4. PETROSSIAN Coat still not there
5. ISORICH Labelled this horse best roughie last two starts. Hasnt gone backwards but losing interest
6. SUGAR BAY LEONARD scratched
7. HAND FROM ABOVE Needs this run
8. NOBLE JOEY condition wise looks well but has been on toes whole time in the yard
9. QUANTRILL OK today but very tough gate
10. SONIC SWISH look fantastic in the yard. Very fit, very relaxed. Only issue is the barrier
11. WHAT COULD BE Leggy but bit light for me. Not for me
12. CHOICE LARGA - Scratched
13. LOUIE SEA KAY - no
14. TELITTLERACKETEER OK but better suited Highway class. No
15. STATIC LIFT scratched
16. PICK ME UP This horse parades in fantastic order. Big strong horse would have on top if he would settle more in the yard. Late scratching at barriers
17. I AM IMPRESSED (EMERG) scratched
HORSE TO FOLLOW: COORG
WANT TO SEE AGAIN: PICK ME UP